Monday, March 5, 2007

Our Crate Has Arrived!

Last July, we packed up many of our belongings (toys, dishes, bedding, movies, books, pictures) into a small crate in hopes of seeing it again one day. To our surprise, the wait was only 4 1/2 months from the time we arrived here! (We have been told, this was a short wait) The men carried everything up 3 flights of stairs and then disassembled the wood from the crate. Hopefully we will be able to make some bookshelves with the wood.


Isabel and Benjamin were thrilled to watch their toys unpacked from the truck! "It's like Christmas," Benjamin said.
"Look, my chair". He and Isabel couldn't wait to tell Caleb and Laura Grace about the delivery when they arrived home from school. Within minutes, Caleb was off to reconstruting his Viking lego ship, Laura Grace had her gymnastic mat out and uniform on for tumbling, Isabel was dressed in her princess dress complete with heels and purse, and Benjamin was rediscovering his Fisher Price animals, barnyard, and train set!


2 comments:

jlsansrlsctsjas said...

Wow! I am so glad that your crates arrived. You would probably be suprised to know how much I have thought about those crates. I also think about the night my Caleb pulled up the tape in the downstairs bedroom here at the house! I am so glad they made it! Can't wait to talk to you soon!
Amy and the Sullins fam

Jody said...

That must be the greatest feeling -having some of your familiar toys, clothes, etc. when you are so far away! Looks like you guys are doing very well. I am so happy you have this blog to keep us all posted - I cannot tell you how much it brightens our day to see your sweet faces. I'll email you more soon! Love to all of you!
Jody